Saxenda Liraglutide Pen for Weight Loss
Saxenda Liraglutide Pen for Weight Loss 3 pack of 6mg/ml available now. Saxenda is a brand name for prescription liraglutide used to induce weight loss. The Liraglutide in Saxenda mimics the effect of glucagon-like peptide, a hormone key in regulating appetite. Saxenda is a real game changer for people that just can’t keep their cravings at bay. Administered daily as a subcutaneous shot, Saxenda comes in easy-to-use 3mL injection pens.
Saxenda is an injectable medicine that can assist your weight loss efforts and support you in keeping the weight off in the future as well.
It is an FDA-approved prescription drug meant for use by adolescents or adults with excess weight, obesity, or other weight-related issues.
The primary active ingredient in Saxenda is Liraglutide, which serves as a hormone for metabolism, known as GLP-1.
Saxenda can help you to lose fat fast and suppress appetite, but for best results you should still have a solid diet and exercise plan. The team at Dream Body Clinic will help you with this.
To get started please fill out our Intake Form for a free consultation.
How Does Saxenda Liraglutide Work?
The active ingredient in Saxenda, liraglutide, is a kind of glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor, or GLP-1 receptor agonist drug.
These receptor agonists are also known as “incretin mimetics” since they mimic the behavior of incretin hormones.
Incretin hormones are the hormones secreted from your gut when you eat. They increase insulin secretion in your body and slow down gastric emptying to boost satiety and decrease appetite.
They also inhibit glucagon release, thereby reducing the amount of glucose released from the liver. All of these factors together work to lower your weight.
Benefits of Saxenda Liraglutide
There are several benefits that people have observed after using Saxenda.
- When consumed with exercise and diet, it can help you lose a significant chunk of body weight.
- Weight loss may further improve conditions such as cholesterol levels and high blood pressure.
- It can help you maintain the weight loss for a few subsequent years.
- It may be good for people with diabetes as it brings down blood sugar levels.
How Effective is Saxenda Liraglutide?
A study available on the Saxenda website elaborates upon the drug’s effectiveness. Here are the highlights of the trials:
- Saxenda has been clinically tested and proven to help people lose weight. 5% of the people in the study reported weight loss.
- About 3 out of 5 people consuming Saxenda achieved a remarkable weight loss of 5% of body weight, or even more.
- One-third of the test subjects managed to love at least 10% of their weight.
- Almost 6% of the people in the study achieved an impressive weight loss of 20% or more.
Side Effects of Saxenda Liraglutide
Saxenda is an excellent weight loss drug, but like any medication there can be side effects.
Some of the most common side effects in children are gastroenteritis and fever.
Adults may face constipation, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, low blood sugar, dizziness, injection site reaction, headache, changes in lipase levels, and stomach pain.
Saxenda may also cause serious side effects.
- Pancreatitis: Some users might suffer from severe pain in the abdomen area, extending to the back. It is caused by inflammation of the pancreas.
- Hypoglycemia: Saxenda increases the risk of low blood sugar for adult patients taking medication for type 2 diabetes and adolescents.
- Thyroid Tumors: Intake of Saxenda could possibly lead to the development of thyroid tumours, including cancer. Do not ignore any lump or swelling in your neck, trouble swallowing, hoarseness, or shortness of breath.
- Increased Heart Rate: People may find their heart rate rising even while they’re resting. It can feel like a pounding in the chest and last for several minutes.
- Allergic Reactions: Serious allergic reactions include swelling of the face, tongue, lips, or throat, fainting, rapid heartbeat, breathing problems, severe rashes, itching, swallowing, and feeling dizzy.
- Gallbladder Problems: Some users might develop gallbladder problems, such as gallstones, which will require surgery. Symptoms like abdominal pain, jaundice, fever, or clay-colored stool should not be ignored.
- Kidney Problems: Nausea, diarrhea, or vomiting could lead to excessive loss of fluids and cause kidney problems.
- Depression: Sudden mental changes, such as changes in mood, thoughts, behaviors, or feelings, and thoughts of suicide are also side effects of Saxenda.
How Much Weight Can You Lose On Saxenda Liraglutide?
Saxenda conducted a 56-week trial with 3731 adults to test the effects of the drug. Let’s look at the significant findings from the study.
- Three out of every five people lost about 12 lb during the study.
- One out of three people lost an average of 23 lb in this time.
- About 6% of the participants lost around 47 lb in the same duration.
While individual results may vary, Saxenda seems to be a decent weight-loss solution for a majority of people.
The amount of weight you shed cannot be predetermined, as it will be based on numerous factors. However, the studies clarify that about 85% of people using Saxenda injections have shown significant weight loss over time.
Does Saxenda Liraglutide Burn Fat?
The weight loss effects of Saxenda are pretty clear. However, you might be wondering if the medication helps burn fat as well.
Saxenda helps in reducing leptin resistance and can lower leptin levels to a decent extent. As a result, there are some biochemical changes in your body, and your natural appetite goes down.
Your metabolism gets a boost in the process, and your fat-burning capacity also increases.
You could lose around 10% of your body fat by using this medicine regularly. So, it is safe to say that Saxenda can help you burn fat as well while you’re shedding some weight.
Does Saxenda Liraglutide Work Immediately?
When you start taking Saxenda, you might not notice immediate results. That is ok as there is a build up period in your system to adjust and then start results.
Saxenda takes its time in showing results. While some people may feel the benefits within just a few days of starting the medication, it is not the same with everyone. Be patient though and stick with your plan, results will follow.
How Quickly Does Saxenda Liraglutide Work?
Some Saxenda users have happily reposted weight loss within the first week.
Most people start noticing slight changes within two to three weeks. However, even if you can’t see the results in that time, wait for at least four weeks.
You should regularly take Saxenda for about three months to see major changes. If you still can’t see changes in six to eight weeks, you should consult us.
Saxenda Liraglutide Dosing
- Week 1 – 0.6mg per day
- Week 2 – 1.2mg per day
- Week 3 – 1.8mg per day
- Week 4 – 2.4mg per day
- Week 5 – 3.0mg per day