Adult Stem Cells for Cartilage Tissue Engineering Abstract:
This page is a review of a study into Adult Stem Cells for Cartilage Tissue Engineering. Tissue engineering is a promising therapeutic approach that uses combinations of implanted cells, biomaterial scaffolds, and biologically active molecules to repair or regenerate damaged or diseased tissues. Many diverse and increasingly complex approaches are being developed to repair articular cartilage, with the underlying premise that cells introduced exogenously play a necessary role in the success of engineered tissue replacements. A major consideration that remains in this ﬁeld is the identiﬁcation and characterization of appropriate sources of cells for tissue-engineered repair of cartilage. In particular, there has been signiﬁcant emphasis on the use of undifferentiated progenitor cells, or “stem” cells that can be expanded in culture and differentiated into a variety of different cell types. Recent studies have identiﬁed the presence of an abundant source of stem cells in subcutaneous adipose tissue. These cells, termed adipose-derived adult stem (ADAS) cells, show characteristics of multipotent adult stem cells, similar to those of bone marrow derived mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs), and under appropriate culture conditions, synthesize cartilage-speciﬁc matrix proteins that are assembled in a cartilaginous extra cellular matrix. The growth and chondrogenic differentiation of ADAS cells is strongly inﬂuenced by factors in the biochemical as well as biophysical environment of the cells. Furthermore, there is strong evidence that the interaction between the cells, the extracellular biomaterial substrate, and growth factors regulate ADAS cell differentiation and tissue growth. Overall, ADAS cells show signiﬁcant promise for the development of functional tissue replacements for various tissues of the musculoskeletal system. Keywords: Articular cartilage, chondrocyte, pre-adipocyte, stromal cell, osteoarthritis, collagen, proteoglycan.
Dream Body Clinic is able to treat cartilage damaged joints such as; knees, shoulders, ankles, wrists, elbows, spine, hips, fingers and toes. We use mesenchymal stem cells derived from placenta and Wharton’s Jelly (Umbilical tissue). These mesenchymal stem cells are able to guide the cellular regeneration of cartilage for patients with arthritis.
- Knee Stem Cell Treatment – 25 Million Mesenchymal Stem Cells & and MRI
- Shoulder Stem Cell Treatment – 50 Million Mesenchymal Stem Cells + PRP & and MRI
- Hip Stem Cell Treatment – 50 Million Mesenchymal Stem Cells + PRP & and MRI
- Elbow Stem Cell Treatment – 25 Million Mesenchymal Stem Cells + PRP & and MRI
- Ankle Stem Cell Treatment – 25 Million Mesenchymal Stem Cells + PRP & and MRI
- Plantar Fasciitis Stem Cell Treatment – 25 Million Mesenchymal Stem Cells + PRP & an MRI
- Wrist Stem Cell Treatment – 25 Million Mesenchymal Stem Cells & an MRI
- Back Treatment – 100 Million MSC around most effected Vertebrae + 100 Million MSC IV
- Herniated Disc Ozone Treatment – Ozone + Stem Cells